Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed June 19, 2013
Yarmuth Announces He'll Run For Another Term
The only Democrat left in Kentucky's congressional delegation says he will run for re-election next year. U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth sent an email to supporters yesterday announcing he'll seek a fifth term in 2014. Yarmuth has represented the Louisville area's 3rd District since 2007.
In announcing his re-election campaign, he told supporters that he's as driven now in fighting for the district's priorities as he was when he first joined Congress. Yarmuth received nearly twice as many votes as his Republican opponent in coasting to his fourth term in the 2012 election. Yarmuth has been an outspoken supporter of the federal health-care overhaul championed by President Barack Obama. And he's warned that recent federal spending cuts would hurt the state's most vulnerable residents.