Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri January 26, 2007
WW II and America's Money
By Joe Fuhrmann
Murray, KY – The United States has been a world superpower for many decades; Dr. Joe Fuhrmann associates America's power with its use of base and precious metals while minting coins during WWII.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Dr. Fuhrmann's commentary. Dr. Joe Fuhrmann is a history professor at Murray State University and the owner of "Christopher's Coins" doing business at the Heart of Hazel Antique Mall in Hazel, Kentucky..
Read the text for this commentary here.