Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri January 26, 2007
WW II and America's Money
By Joe Fuhrmann
Murray, KY – The United States has been a world superpower for many decades; Dr. Joe Fuhrmann associates America's power with its use of base and precious metals while minting coins during WWII.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Dr. Fuhrmann's commentary. Dr. Joe Fuhrmann is a history professor at Murray State University and the owner of "Christopher's Coins" doing business at the Heart of Hazel Antique Mall in Hazel, Kentucky..
Read the text for this commentary here.