Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri January 26, 2007
WW II and America's Money
By Joe Fuhrmann
Murray, KY – The United States has been a world superpower for many decades; Dr. Joe Fuhrmann associates America's power with its use of base and precious metals while minting coins during WWII.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Dr. Fuhrmann's commentary. Dr. Joe Fuhrmann is a history professor at Murray State University and the owner of "Christopher's Coins" doing business at the Heart of Hazel Antique Mall in Hazel, Kentucky..
Read the text for this commentary here.