Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Fri August 28, 2009
Wreckage of Army Copter Removed from Colorado Mountain
Leadville, CO – The last pieces of a Fort Campbell army helicopter have been removed from a Colorado mountain after a crash that killed four soldiers. The cleanup was completed Wednesday and the wreckage was taken to Fort Carson. The Fort Campbell-based helicopter crashed August 19th while training near the summit of Colorado's Mount Massive. The cause hasn't been released.
U.S. Forest Service district ranger Jon Morrissey says a trail-building crew spent time at the scene with two mortally injured soldiers.