Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon April 30, 2012
Workers Begin Construction of Eggners Ferry Replacement Span
Workers for Hall Contracting of Kentucky have started assembling the trusses for the replacement span of the Eggners Ferry Bridge. Steelworkers assembled the flooring frame of the new truss section and partially assembled the deck support structure over the weekend. Once the span is complete a barge will transport it upriver to the bridge site to be placed on the existing piers. The bridge has been closed since a cargo ship struck it in late January, destroying a 300 foot section. Hall expects to complete the repairs by May 27th.