Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon April 30, 2012
Workers Begin Construction of Eggners Ferry Replacement Span
Workers for Hall Contracting of Kentucky have started assembling the trusses for the replacement span of the Eggners Ferry Bridge. Steelworkers assembled the flooring frame of the new truss section and partially assembled the deck support structure over the weekend. Once the span is complete a barge will transport it upriver to the bridge site to be placed on the existing piers. The bridge has been closed since a cargo ship struck it in late January, destroying a 300 foot section. Hall expects to complete the repairs by May 27th.