Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon April 30, 2012
Workers Begin Construction of Eggners Ferry Replacement Span
Workers for Hall Contracting of Kentucky have started assembling the trusses for the replacement span of the Eggners Ferry Bridge. Steelworkers assembled the flooring frame of the new truss section and partially assembled the deck support structure over the weekend. Once the span is complete a barge will transport it upriver to the bridge site to be placed on the existing piers. The bridge has been closed since a cargo ship struck it in late January, destroying a 300 foot section. Hall expects to complete the repairs by May 27th.