Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon April 30, 2012
Workers Begin Construction of Eggners Ferry Replacement Span
Workers for Hall Contracting of Kentucky have started assembling the trusses for the replacement span of the Eggners Ferry Bridge. Steelworkers assembled the flooring frame of the new truss section and partially assembled the deck support structure over the weekend. Once the span is complete a barge will transport it upriver to the bridge site to be placed on the existing piers. The bridge has been closed since a cargo ship struck it in late January, destroying a 300 foot section. Hall expects to complete the repairs by May 27th.