Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed May 20, 2009
Work Ramps Up on KY 80
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Construction work on the new section of KY 80 in western Calloway County is ramping up next week. Road contractors will begin hauling gravel for the next stage of construction Tuesday. Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says work trucks traveling near the site will create substantial traffic near North Calloway Elementary School. Work on the $15.2 million project will continue throughout the year and is slated for completion in spring 2010.