Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed May 20, 2009
Work Ramps Up on KY 80
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Construction work on the new section of KY 80 in western Calloway County is ramping up next week. Road contractors will begin hauling gravel for the next stage of construction Tuesday. Transportation Cabinet spokesman Keith Todd says work trucks traveling near the site will create substantial traffic near North Calloway Elementary School. Work on the $15.2 million project will continue throughout the year and is slated for completion in spring 2010.