Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue October 7, 2008
Woman's Club to Host Legislative Forum
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – The Murray Woman's Club hosts a Legislative forum this Thursday, which will feature numerous candidates running for state and local political offices. Both candidates for 1st District State Senate Republican Incumbent Ken Winters and Democratic challenger Carroll Hubbard have confirmed they will attend, as well as 12 of 13 candidates running for Murray city council. Democratic candidate for 1st district U-S Representative Heather Ryan will also attend. Neither her opponent, incumbent Ed Whitfield nor U-S Senator Mitch McConnell has replied to the invitation. Senator McConnell's opponent, Democrat Bruce Lunsford responded, but event organizers say it's unlikely he will come due to a previous obligation. The forum will take place in the woman's clubhouse and is set to begin at 7 p-m. Prior to the forum, attendees can partake in a chili supper that will raise money for the club. Both events are open to the public.