Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri December 20, 2013
Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
Law enforcement officials have identified the body of a woman found in a field in Calloway County as 56-year-old Victoria Swygart. She was reported missing on Thursday morning. Her vehicle was found was located in a field off of 94 east. Swygart was found in a field off of McDougal Road. Her body has been transported to Louisville for a formal autopsy. The case is still under investigation.
The Calloway County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the death of a woman whose body they discovered yesterday in a field near KY 94 East.
Search and rescue officials found the body after Deputy Richard Steen noticed an abandoned vehicle, also in a nearby field, that was registered to a missing person.
The Sheriff’s department won’t say whether the deceased woman is the missing person linked to the vehicle. Officials will release the woman’s name after notifying her family.