Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed September 2, 2009
Woman Accused of Falsifying Report
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – McCracken County sheriff's deputies have arrested a Paducah woman they allege falsely reported a rape. Detective R.J. Caskey says officers responded Sunday to a sexual abuse call at Mount Carmel Cemetery. 34-year-old Vair B. Taylor said she had been raped by her boyfriend.
At a hospital, Taylor told officers she had been abused in the 1100 block of Miller Street and had fled, but was caught, taken to the cemetery and raped. The Paducah Sun reports deputies learned Taylor's boyfriend was in North Carolina and had been since August 26th.
Taylor was charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place and falsely reporting an incident. She was jailed on a $300 bond.