Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed September 2, 2009
Woman Accused of Falsifying Report
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – McCracken County sheriff's deputies have arrested a Paducah woman they allege falsely reported a rape. Detective R.J. Caskey says officers responded Sunday to a sexual abuse call at Mount Carmel Cemetery. 34-year-old Vair B. Taylor said she had been raped by her boyfriend.
At a hospital, Taylor told officers she had been abused in the 1100 block of Miller Street and had fled, but was caught, taken to the cemetery and raped. The Paducah Sun reports deputies learned Taylor's boyfriend was in North Carolina and had been since August 26th.
Taylor was charged with alcohol intoxication in a public place and falsely reporting an incident. She was jailed on a $300 bond.