Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Sun February 8, 2009
WKRECC and JPEC Power Updates
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Fewer than nine thousand Jackson Purchase Energy members remain without service today. JPEC estimates most primary lines will be energized by the middle to end of the week with repairs to lines serving smaller neighborhoods and communities by the end of next weekend. However, service restoration to members with damaged lines could take an additional two weeks.
West Kentucky Rural Electric's approximately ten thousand customers still without power are advised to expect lengthy outages. Hickman County has the largest percentage of customers offline with 65 percent still in the dark. 47 percent of Carlisle customers and 37 percent of those in Graves County remain without electricity. WKRECC estimates two to six weeks from the time power was restored from TVA, with some customers coming on each day.