Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 8, 2010
WKN May Layoff All Employees
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah-based, river-towing firm Western Kentucky Navigation has lost a major contract. President Dave Dewey tells the Paducah Sun in mid-March the company will no longer operate towboats for American Commercial Lines and will have to lay off all its workers if it doesn't quickly generate new business. Dewey says the recession has hurt river industry, especially in the past six months, with a diminished demand to ship items.