Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri January 8, 2010
WKN May Layoff All Employees
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Paducah-based, river-towing firm Western Kentucky Navigation has lost a major contract. President Dave Dewey tells the Paducah Sun in mid-March the company will no longer operate towboats for American Commercial Lines and will have to lay off all its workers if it doesn't quickly generate new business. Dewey says the recession has hurt river industry, especially in the past six months, with a diminished demand to ship items.