Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu July 16, 2009
WKMS Transmitter Damaged; Minor Damage Elsewhere
By Chris Taylor
MURRAY, KY – Besides damaging the WKMS transmitter tower in LBL, last night's storm caused minor damage across our area. Trigg County Emergency Management Director Randy Wade says a few trees were downed and a handful of residents reported power outages. Calloway County EMS Director Bill Call says that other than one tree brought down, no damage was reported. WKMS is transmitting at reduced power and we are working to restore the HD broadcast service as soon as possible. Classical 24 is still available online at WKMS.org.