Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Press Releases & Events
Thu November 18, 2010
WKMS now broadcasting Travel with Rick Steves
By Jenni Todd
Murray, KY – Murray State's listener supported public radio service WKMS is now broadcasting Travel with Rick Steves, Sundays at 6 p.m., following Car Talk. Rick Steves has a nationally successful multi-media travel business and brings his expertise to public radio as well.
As seen at www.ricksteves.com, Rick Steves offers practical travel information from how to get rail passes and travel insurance to great places to tour with his guidance. Listeners hear conversations about the history, food, and cultures of interesting places to visit around the world.
Since 1990 Steves has grown his audience with public and commercial television and public radio travel specials. WKMS decided to add the weekly radio program because public radio listeners love to travel, both virtually and actually.
For more information about Murray State's public radio service including 91.3 WKMS, Murray; WKMS HD-1 and All-Classical HD-2; 90.9 WKMD, Madisonville; 89.5 WKMT, Fulton; 99.5 Paris, TN; and All-Classical 92.5 Paducah and 101.5 Madisonville, call 800-599-4737.