Most Active Stories
- Kentucky's Teacher Retirement System May Become One of the Worst-Funded in the US
- How Murray State is Introducing Kids to Emerging World of Robotics
- Kentucky's Death Penalty: A Comprehensive Look
- WATCH: Luke Bell & Johnny Appleseed on Sounds Good
- Bluegrass Pipeline's Developer Is Appealing the Eminent Domain Ruling
Press Releases & Events
Fri January 22, 2010
WKMS Broadcasts State of the Union Address
By Jenni Todd
Murray, KY – Next Wednesday, January 27, WKMS-FM, Murray State's listener-supported public radio service and NPR member station broadcasts President Obama's State of the Union Address starting at 8 p.m., followed by an NPR-hosted national call-in program.
All Things Considered host Robert Siegel anchors NPR's coverage of the State of the Union address starting at 8 p.m. Immediately following the State of the Union coverage, NPR's Talk of the Nation host Neal Conan anchors an hour-long call-in discussion about the speech starting at 10 p.m. Wednesday night's special coverage will preempt the second hour of World Caf and all of Caf Jazz.
WKMS broadcasts at 91.3 FM, 92.1 FM, Paducah; 99.5 FM, Paris, Tennessee; and 105.1 FM, Madisonville. WKMS also broadcasts on 91.3 WKMS HD-1 and 91.3 WKMS HD-2 featuring Classical 24, and streams both channels online at www.wkms.org, an extensive web resource of information regarding the programming schedules for both channels and more. The station also offers the toll-free line 800-599-4737 for further inquiries.