Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue August 25, 2009
WKCTC Numbers Up
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Experienced workers wanting to learn new skills have given West Kentucky Community & Technical College a population boost this fall. The freshman class is estimated to have grown nearly 15 percent, with a 20 percent increase in students over 30 years old. According to the Paducah Sun, the community college has implemented a number of ways to facilitate more students on its campus. They've installed a laptop-and-wireless system, added lecturers, course sections, and longer Friday classes to increase student access to instructors.