Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon February 10, 2014
WKCTC Among Top Community Colleges for 3rd Consecutive Year
Once again, the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program has placed Paducah's West Kentucky Community and Technical College among the nation's best community colleges. The top 150 will compete for a $1 million grand prize awarded in early 2015. Kate speaks with Dr. Renae Akin, WKCTC Interim Vice President of Enrollment Management and Associate VP of Learning Initiatives about the honor.
According to the Aspen Institute website, the schools on the list have demonstrated the rate of students persistence, completion and transfer; consistent improvement in outcomes over time; and equity in outcomes of all racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Madisonville Community College and Rend Lake College are also among the finalists.