Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon February 10, 2014
WKCTC Among Top Community Colleges for 3rd Consecutive Year
Once again, the Aspen Institute College Excellence Program has placed Paducah's West Kentucky Community and Technical College among the nation's best community colleges. The top 150 will compete for a $1 million grand prize awarded in early 2015. Kate speaks with Dr. Renae Akin, WKCTC Interim Vice President of Enrollment Management and Associate VP of Learning Initiatives about the honor.
According to the Aspen Institute website, the schools on the list have demonstrated the rate of students persistence, completion and transfer; consistent improvement in outcomes over time; and equity in outcomes of all racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Madisonville Community College and Rend Lake College are also among the finalists.