Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue November 17, 2009
Winters Squashes Appointment Rumors
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – State Senator Ken Winters is denouncing rumors that Governor Steve Beshear is considering appointing him to a cabinet post. He says he has not been contacted by the governor's office. Speculation has circulated that Beshear would appoint Winters as the Secretary of the Education and Workforce Development. The governor has been accused of using appointments to regain Democratic control of the Senate. The Paducah Sun reports if Winters is offered the post, he will likely decline it.