Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue November 4, 2008
Winters Beats Hubbard
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – That was the sound at the GOP headquarters in Murray, Kentucky last night as supporters of Senator Winters heard the final results. The final tally put Winters ahead of Hubbard by about four thousand votes. Winters thanked his supporters after the announcement. He says he's honored to serve the commonwealth again.
There's so many things on our plate that we need to do for Kentucky. Naturally, I think we've had a very fine four years up to this point. We made some good progress, and certainly makes it a lot easier now to back into that with that kind of base and move us forward.
Winters' victory this year beats his win four years ago. Calloway County GOP Chairman David Kennedy thinks this means the Republican Party's popularity is growing in the first district.