Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue November 4, 2008
Winters Beats Hubbard
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – That was the sound at the GOP headquarters in Murray, Kentucky last night as supporters of Senator Winters heard the final results. The final tally put Winters ahead of Hubbard by about four thousand votes. Winters thanked his supporters after the announcement. He says he's honored to serve the commonwealth again.
There's so many things on our plate that we need to do for Kentucky. Naturally, I think we've had a very fine four years up to this point. We made some good progress, and certainly makes it a lot easier now to back into that with that kind of base and move us forward.
Winters' victory this year beats his win four years ago. Calloway County GOP Chairman David Kennedy thinks this means the Republican Party's popularity is growing in the first district.