Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue November 4, 2008
Winters Beats Hubbard
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – That was the sound at the GOP headquarters in Murray, Kentucky last night as supporters of Senator Winters heard the final results. The final tally put Winters ahead of Hubbard by about four thousand votes. Winters thanked his supporters after the announcement. He says he's honored to serve the commonwealth again.
There's so many things on our plate that we need to do for Kentucky. Naturally, I think we've had a very fine four years up to this point. We made some good progress, and certainly makes it a lot easier now to back into that with that kind of base and move us forward.
Winters' victory this year beats his win four years ago. Calloway County GOP Chairman David Kennedy thinks this means the Republican Party's popularity is growing in the first district.