Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri January 29, 2010
Winter Weather Update
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – The forecasted winter storm is still on the way...heaviest snow not expected until tonight. A southwest wind flow aloft over the top of colder air near the surface will result in areas of light snow today. The more significant snow will occur tonight as an upper level storm system arrives. A winter storm warning remains in effect until 6:00 am Saturday.
Snow will gradually develop northeast from Tennessee and Arkansas today. This will be a slow process and places from Cape Girardeau to Paducah and Madisonville may not see accumulating snowfall until later this afternoon. Some sleet is possible, especially along the Tennessee border. The entire warning area is expected to receive a period of moderate to heavy snow tonight. The snow will taper to flurries from west to east by early Saturday.