Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue December 16, 2008
Winter Roadways See Fewer Accidents
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Despite some nasty weather last night and this morning, transportation officials say things went pretty smoothly. Keith Todd is the public information officer for the state transportation cabinet. He says temperatures warmed slightly and motorists took the necessary precautions on the road this morning, which made for relatively safer roadways.
"Most of our drivers around the region get a gold star for this morning because everybody heeded those words of caution, and slowed down and were taking it really easy and that reduced the number of accidents that we had around the region."
Though the number of accidents was reduced, a west Paducah woman died this morning from injuries sustained during a one-vehicle accident near Olivet Church Road. Todd reminds drivers to stay alert on the wintry roadways, especially as decreasing temperatures again tonight increase the possibility of freezing rain.