Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue February 11, 2014
Winter Pruning Tips from MSU Horticulturalist
With high temperatures expected to reach the lower to mid 50s this weekend, it might just be warm enough to step outside and give that yard some much needed tender loving care. Pruning during the dormant months is the most common practice, allowing plants ample opportunity to grow in the spring. Murray State Horticulture faculty member Pat Williams addresses pruning in the winter and what to do about ice-damaged trees in a workshop from 1 to 3 Saturday (February 15) afternoon at the Pullen Farm greenhouse at the Murray State Arboretum, on Hickory Drive, off Main Street.