Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Fri June 15, 2007
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – The 800 year English occupation of Ireland allowed the British to grow in prominence. Poverty and famine stoked the fires of freedom for the Irish. In the early 20th century th two cultures clashed. The film "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" focuses on the war and its effect on two brothers with differing views. Chad Lampe speaks to Maiden Alley Cinema's Booking Agent Larry Thomas about the film.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lampe's interview with Thomas. For showtimes and rating information for "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" visit maidenalleycinema.com.