Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri June 15, 2007
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – The 800 year English occupation of Ireland allowed the British to grow in prominence. Poverty and famine stoked the fires of freedom for the Irish. In the early 20th century th two cultures clashed. The film "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" focuses on the war and its effect on two brothers with differing views. Chad Lampe speaks to Maiden Alley Cinema's Booking Agent Larry Thomas about the film.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lampe's interview with Thomas. For showtimes and rating information for "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" visit maidenalleycinema.com.