Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri June 15, 2007
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – The 800 year English occupation of Ireland allowed the British to grow in prominence. Poverty and famine stoked the fires of freedom for the Irish. In the early 20th century th two cultures clashed. The film "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" focuses on the war and its effect on two brothers with differing views. Chad Lampe speaks to Maiden Alley Cinema's Booking Agent Larry Thomas about the film.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lampe's interview with Thomas. For showtimes and rating information for "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" visit maidenalleycinema.com.