Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Thu October 25, 2012
Williams Nominated for State Judgeship
Kentucky Senate President David Williams is one step closer to leaving the state legislature. Williams is one of three people nominated by a judicial commission to fill the 40th Circuit opening. Angela Capps and Stephen Hurt are the other two people nominated.
The three names now move to Governor Steve Beshear, who will select the person to fill the remaining two years of the judicial term. In a statement, Williams says he is thankful for the nomination and will accept the judgeship if Beshear selects him.