Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu October 25, 2012
Williams Nominated for State Judgeship
Kentucky Senate President David Williams is one step closer to leaving the state legislature. Williams is one of three people nominated by a judicial commission to fill the 40th Circuit opening. Angela Capps and Stephen Hurt are the other two people nominated.
The three names now move to Governor Steve Beshear, who will select the person to fill the remaining two years of the judicial term. In a statement, Williams says he is thankful for the nomination and will accept the judgeship if Beshear selects him.