Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Thu October 25, 2012
Williams Nominated for State Judgeship
Kentucky Senate President David Williams is one step closer to leaving the state legislature. Williams is one of three people nominated by a judicial commission to fill the 40th Circuit opening. Angela Capps and Stephen Hurt are the other two people nominated.
The three names now move to Governor Steve Beshear, who will select the person to fill the remaining two years of the judicial term. In a statement, Williams says he is thankful for the nomination and will accept the judgeship if Beshear selects him.