Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue September 11, 2012
Williams marriage ending after 9 years
Kentucky Senate President David Williams and his wife are divorcing after nine years of marriage. In a statement from Williams’ office Monday, Robyn Williams says the "rough-and-tumble pressures" of politics put "unique and incessant pressure" on their relationship. David Williams was the Republican nominee for governor last year but lost to Democratic incumbent Steve Beshear. Robyn Williams has been mentioned as a possible candidate for state attorney general in 2015. David Williams says his wife has "decided to take her life in a different direction." Williams says he greatly admires his wife and wishes her the best. Robyn Williams says she has great respect for her husband and says they decided to part amicably.