Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu May 17, 2012
Will the end of year tax hikes plus the expiration of tax cuts end in fiscal tragedy?
On December 31st, the George W. Bush era tax cuts will expire and new tax hikes take effect. The combination of the two will send the effective top tax bracket rate on stock dividends up to over 43 percent, from 15 percent.
A stock that once earned a person $8.50 on a $10 dividend will only earn $5.66. WKMS’s Shelly Baskin speaks with Murray State College of Business professor Dr. Larry Guin about what this could mean for people with extensive investments in our region.