Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Thu May 17, 2012
Will the end of year tax hikes plus the expiration of tax cuts end in fiscal tragedy?
On December 31st, the George W. Bush era tax cuts will expire and new tax hikes take effect. The combination of the two will send the effective top tax bracket rate on stock dividends up to over 43 percent, from 15 percent.
A stock that once earned a person $8.50 on a $10 dividend will only earn $5.66. WKMS’s Shelly Baskin speaks with Murray State College of Business professor Dr. Larry Guin about what this could mean for people with extensive investments in our region.