Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri July 9, 2010
Wildlife affected by Olmsted Locks and Dam project
By Jacque Day
Olmsted, IL – In May, Jacque Day brought us an overview of the Olmsted Locks and Dam project on the lower Ohio River. Last month she investigated the long-term costs. Today, she'll explore the wilder side of the project. In this third and final installment, Jacque Day looks into how this massive development, 3 decades in the making, has affected the lives and habitats of animals that call the area home.