Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri July 9, 2010
Wildlife affected by Olmsted Locks and Dam project
By Jacque Day
Olmsted, IL – In May, Jacque Day brought us an overview of the Olmsted Locks and Dam project on the lower Ohio River. Last month she investigated the long-term costs. Today, she'll explore the wilder side of the project. In this third and final installment, Jacque Day looks into how this massive development, 3 decades in the making, has affected the lives and habitats of animals that call the area home.