Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue April 3, 2012
Wildcat Fans Get Out of Hand
Lexington police say they’ve arrested several dozen people following the Wildcats' 67-59 win over Kansas in last night’s NCAA championship game. Fans filled the streets near the university campus within minutes of the game's conclusion. They jumped up and down, screamed, sprayed beer and waved Kentucky flags. Celebrations grew violent as one man was shot, though his injuries were not life-threatening. Lexington police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts says officers saw peoples lighting couches and at least one car on fire. Roberts says another car crashed into the patio area at a bar and grill where some people were dining, but the metal and brick wall kept the vehicle from getting onto the patio. Police also had handed out numerous citations, many for alcohol-related offenses.