Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon May 25, 2009
Wild Turkey Probe Catches Murray Man
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife conservation officers say they've filed 421 criminal charges against people in eleven counties, including Calloway, for illegally importing, possessing or selling wild turkeys. Murray resident Thomas Murdock is charged with 30 counts of importing and possessing the birds. The Paducah Sun reports the investigation documented 167 live wild turkeys illegally imported into the state. Investigators first learned of the possible illegal trafficking last August, when they heard a radio station advertising live Eastern wild turkeys for sale.