Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 6, 2009
Wickliffe paper plant offers to take storm debris
By Casey Northcutt
Wickliffe, KY – A local paper plant has proposed a new method for disposing of debris from January's ice storm. NewPage Corporation spokeswoman Sandra Wilson says the company's Wickliffe plant has offered to take the bark from fallen trees to fuel its boiler. The plant can only use so much bark, but it has offered to take portions of debris from both Paducah and Mayfield. Wilson says NewPage has yet to receive any trees, but it is open to negotiation with contractors.