Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Thu May 24, 2012
Wickliffe Mounds Reburial Postponed
A public ceremony to acknowledge the reburial of excavated remains from the Wickliffe burial mound in Ballard County has been postponed.
Park officials gave no reason for the postponement of the ceremony which was to take place June 8th. Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Park was the location of a native Mississippian village and burial mound. It's taken two years for the park to reach an agreement with Chickasaw Nation consultants on the reburial of the remains. The ceremony will be rescheduled.