Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Thu May 24, 2012
Wickliffe Mounds Reburial Postponed
A public ceremony to acknowledge the reburial of excavated remains from the Wickliffe burial mound in Ballard County has been postponed.
Park officials gave no reason for the postponement of the ceremony which was to take place June 8th. Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Park was the location of a native Mississippian village and burial mound. It's taken two years for the park to reach an agreement with Chickasaw Nation consultants on the reburial of the remains. The ceremony will be rescheduled.