Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu May 24, 2012
Wickliffe Mounds Reburial Postponed
A public ceremony to acknowledge the reburial of excavated remains from the Wickliffe burial mound in Ballard County has been postponed.
Park officials gave no reason for the postponement of the ceremony which was to take place June 8th. Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Park was the location of a native Mississippian village and burial mound. It's taken two years for the park to reach an agreement with Chickasaw Nation consultants on the reburial of the remains. The ceremony will be rescheduled.