Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon March 31, 2014
Wickliffe Mounds Open for 10th Season as State Historic Site
Native Americans now called Mississippian culture lived at the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers around 1100 to 1350 AD. Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Site offers a window on this ancient community. Park Manager Carla Hildebrand spoke with Kate Lochte about this season's opening, Tuesday, April 1.
"We have a variety of ways in which our visitors can tour the facility and learn at their pace; it depends on what their goals are. We are flexible and we are willing to work with teachers and scout leaders for whatever type of program they need."
Wickliffe Mounds State Historic Site is on the Great River Road National Scenic Byway in Ballard County. April through October the site is open Tuesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. May through September, hours are daily from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.