Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu March 15, 2012
Wickliffe-Cairo Bridge Hit by Barge
The US 51 bridge over the Ohio River between Wickliffe, Kentucky and Cairo, Illinois is back open after being struck by a barge late last night. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says the barge tow was headed downstream when it struck a pier on the Kentucky side just after 11:00 P.M. Inspectors reopened the span three hours later after determining that no structural damage had occurred. Officials say around 5,500 vehicles cross the bridge every day.