Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed September 12, 2012
Wickliffe Among Towns Involved in New River Initiative
A representative from the city of Wickliffe is among Mississippi River town leaders meeting this week to discuss federal lobbying efforts. The newly-formed Mississippi River Cities and Towns Initiative is meeting in St. Louis to talk about water quality, floodplains, and recreational and environmental protection.
Director Colin Wellenkamp says the cities of Columbus and Wickliffe are among the more than 40 Mississippi River cities that have signed on. The initiative is funded by the Walton Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on education and environmental issues.