Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed September 12, 2012
Wickliffe Among Towns Involved in New River Initiative
A representative from the city of Wickliffe is among Mississippi River town leaders meeting this week to discuss federal lobbying efforts. The newly-formed Mississippi River Cities and Towns Initiative is meeting in St. Louis to talk about water quality, floodplains, and recreational and environmental protection.
Director Colin Wellenkamp says the cities of Columbus and Wickliffe are among the more than 40 Mississippi River cities that have signed on. The initiative is funded by the Walton Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on education and environmental issues.