Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed September 12, 2012
Wickliffe Among Towns Involved in New River Initiative
A representative from the city of Wickliffe is among Mississippi River town leaders meeting this week to discuss federal lobbying efforts. The newly-formed Mississippi River Cities and Towns Initiative is meeting in St. Louis to talk about water quality, floodplains, and recreational and environmental protection.
Director Colin Wellenkamp says the cities of Columbus and Wickliffe are among the more than 40 Mississippi River cities that have signed on. The initiative is funded by the Walton Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization focused on education and environmental issues.