Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- UPDATED: Forest Service Officials Tour Controversial LBL Management Projects with Students
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri October 18, 2013
Why We're Drawn to Vampires
The image of the vampire has long been a staple of our collective imagination. But while we all know why vampires draw blood from their prey, why they continue to draw our interest is a deeper question.
On October 24th, as part of their Evening Upstairs program, the McCracken County Public Library hosts an academic and author who will explain that continuing fascination. Bertena Varney has written or contributed to such books as The Lure of the Vampire and Vampire News. She and Todd Hatton sink their teeth into these creatures of the night. The program is October 24th at 7 pm, and is free and open to the public.