Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri October 18, 2013
Why We're Drawn to Vampires
The image of the vampire has long been a staple of our collective imagination. But while we all know why vampires draw blood from their prey, why they continue to draw our interest is a deeper question.
On October 24th, as part of their Evening Upstairs program, the McCracken County Public Library hosts an academic and author who will explain that continuing fascination. Bertena Varney has written or contributed to such books as The Lure of the Vampire and Vampire News. She and Todd Hatton sink their teeth into these creatures of the night. The program is October 24th at 7 pm, and is free and open to the public.