Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Sat October 4, 2008
Whitfield Votes "Nay" on Bailout
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Though more Congressional Republicans supported the 850 billion dollar bailout plan that passed today, Kentucky's 1st District Representative voted against the package for the second time. Republican Ed Whitfield says though he acknowledges the economy is at a critical point, he believes the measure fails to solve the problem, instead bailing out the irresponsible decisions of Wall Street and setting unprecedented regulations on financial institutions. 12th District Representative for Illinois, Democrat Jerry Costello also voted against the legislation. Tennessee Democrat John Tanner voted in favor of the package. He represents the state's 8th district.