Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Sat October 4, 2008
Whitfield Votes "Nay" on Bailout
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Though more Congressional Republicans supported the 850 billion dollar bailout plan that passed today, Kentucky's 1st District Representative voted against the package for the second time. Republican Ed Whitfield says though he acknowledges the economy is at a critical point, he believes the measure fails to solve the problem, instead bailing out the irresponsible decisions of Wall Street and setting unprecedented regulations on financial institutions. 12th District Representative for Illinois, Democrat Jerry Costello also voted against the legislation. Tennessee Democrat John Tanner voted in favor of the package. He represents the state's 8th district.