Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri August 14, 2009
Whitfield Visits Trigg County
By Angela Hatton
Cadiz, KY – Kentucky's First District U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield was in Trigg County yesterday to hear concerns from home health care providers. Whitfield told residents President Barack Obama's current health care plan would reduce funding to Medicare services and home health, and increase the burden on institutional care. The Kentucky New Era reports, affected home health care services would include wound care; physical, occupational and speech therapy; diabetes monitoring and treatment; and social work. Whitfield is touting a plan favoring a deregulated insurance market, and tax deductions for people who purchase individual plans.