Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri August 14, 2009
Whitfield Visits Trigg County
By Angela Hatton
Cadiz, KY – Kentucky's First District U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield was in Trigg County yesterday to hear concerns from home health care providers. Whitfield told residents President Barack Obama's current health care plan would reduce funding to Medicare services and home health, and increase the burden on institutional care. The Kentucky New Era reports, affected home health care services would include wound care; physical, occupational and speech therapy; diabetes monitoring and treatment; and social work. Whitfield is touting a plan favoring a deregulated insurance market, and tax deductions for people who purchase individual plans.