Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu July 11, 2013
Whitfield Says $265 Million Secured For PGDP Cleanup: Pending Senate Approval
U.S. Representative Ed Whitfield (KY-01), Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Energy and Power, said he's secured $265 million dollars from an Energy and Water federal spending bill for clean up of the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant, but that measure still has to pass the Senate. The announcement came in a press release from his office Thursday.
Whitfield has been advocating since May for additional federal funding for cleanup of the plant after it's transition back to the Department of Energy from the United State's Enrichment Corporation.
The House approved the appropriations Thursday.
Whitfield’s Press Secretary Chris Pack said the bill needs full approval prior to the start of the next federal fiscal year October 1st.
Clarks River Wildlife Refuge