Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu August 27, 2009
Whitfield Polls Participants
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Kentucky U-S Congressman Ed Whitfield held four Tele-town Hall Meetings today with residents from across the first district. The congressman's office estimates over thirteen thousand constituents were on the line and many voiced their opinion on health care legislation. In a conference call with residents in the state's westernmost counties, participants had the option to vote on whether they supported President Barack Obama's health care proposal. Of the 3,000 on the line, nine percent said they supported Obama's plan, 78 percent said they wanted congress to consider alternatives, and thirteen percent said they weren't sure. Whitfield says he will use the public comments when the U-S Congress resumes session in September.