Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri August 2, 2013
Whitfield Introduces Bipartisan Nuclear Worker Legislation
Kentucky Republican Congressman Ed Whitfield, along with two Colorado Democrats, is introducing bipartisan legislation known as the Nuclear Workers Health Advisory Board Act. The legislation would help ensure former employees at certain Department of Energy sites receive earned benefits and care.
It also aims to bring transparency and oversight to the program charged with administering compensation. The Act would require the President to establish an advisory board making sure eligible DOE employees receive compensation payments after being exposed to toxic substances. Those payments can total up to $250,000, plus medical expenses. Senators Mark Udall and Lamar Alexander introduced similar legislation today in the U.S. Senate.