Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed February 24, 2010
Whitfield Appointed to Lead GOP on Subcommittee
By Angela Hatton
Washington, D. C. – First District U-S Representative Ed Whitfield has been appointed the lead minority player the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection (CTCP). Whitfield will serve as Ranking Member of the committee, which primarily oversees domestic and foreign commerce and product safety. As Ranking Member, Whitfield is in charge of Republican participation on the committee. He previously served as Ranking Member during last year's Congress.
See the upcoming meeting agenda here.