Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon May 7, 2012
Whitaker Among Emerge Kentucky Graduates on Ballot This Year
Mayfield’s Kelly Whitaker is one of five women on the ballot this year that are graduates of Emerge Kentucky. A group of Democratic women started the program to increase the number of women involved in Kentucky politics.
Whitaker (D) is running in the 2nd State House District race against primary opponent Arthur Byrn. The Courier-Journal reports over the past three years, 46 women have graduated from the program and 20 others are expected to complete the program in a few weeks.
Other Emerge KY Graduates include state Rep.Rita Smart of Richmond, who is seeking a second term; Wanda Crupper Hammons and Kelly Whitaker. Attica Scott is running for Louisville Metro Council and Loretta Crady is seeking another term as Hardin Circuit Court Clerk.