Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed December 4, 2013
What Can You Expect with Ice and Wind... See Our Resources For Winter Weather
Below are links to helpful resources available in our area.
The National Weather Service has an experimental ice index to help residents determine the possible damage related to different amounts of ice accumulation and other mitigating factors such as wind.
Area power companies have designated hotlines and web resources for customers to report outages or seek information on effected power services. Advisories may also be posted on Twitter.
- West Kentucky Rural Electric at https://www.wkrecc.com/outage-information/outages-by-location.html Report an Outage 270-247-1321 or 1-877- 4WKRECC (1-877-495-7322). Follow on Twitter: @WKRECC+
- Jackson Purchase Energy: http://jpec.outagemaps.com/core_site/jpec.html Outage hotline: (270) 442-7321.
- Kenergy at http://stormcenter.kenergycorp.com/ Phone: (800) 844-4832. Follow on Twitter: @KenergyCorp
- Paducah Power Systems at http://paducahpower.com/outages/ Phoneline: (270)-575-4000. Follow on Twitter: @PaducahPower
- Murray Electric Services at http://www2.murray-ky.net/ Phone: (270) 753-5312. Follow on Twitter: @MurrayElectric
- Kentucky Utilities at http://stormcenter.lge-ku.com/default.html Follow on Twitter: @lgeku
- Pennyrile Electric at http://www.precc.com / Phone: (270)-886-2555
- Ameren Illinois: Outage report 1-800-755-5000, Outage Center Notifications http://www.ameren.com/sites/aiu/outagecenter/pages/outagecenter.aspx
Severe winter weather can also produce hazardous driving conditions on county backroads and major roadways. Listed are resources for road conditions in the Tri-State area. Road conditions and advisors may be posted on Twitter.
Links to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet
- Road Temperatures http://rwis.kytc.ky.gov/maps/tempmap2.htm
- Travel information/traffic conditions - Call 511 or 1-866-737-3767
- Snow/Ice Road Priority Maps (by county) http://transportation.ky.gov/Maintenance/Pages/Snow-and-Ice-Priority-Maps.aspx
- Safety Assistance for Freeway Emergency patrol (SAFE) http://transportation.ky.gov/Incident-Management/Pages/Safe-Patrol.aspx
- Follow on Twitter: @KYTC
Links to the Illinois Department of Transportation
- Winter Road Conditions http://wrc.gettingaroundillinois.com/pages/wrc.htm
- Traffic/Obstructions http://www.gettingaroundillinois.com/gai.htm?mt=tpr
- Traveler Info: 1-800-452-4368
- Follow on Twitter: @IDOT_Illinois
Links to the Tennessee Department of Transportation
- SmartMap Information System (includes road conditions, traffic, construction, weather) http://ww2.tdot.state.tn.us/tsw/smartmap.htm
- Call 511 in state or (877)-244-0065 out of state
- Follow on Twitter: @TN511
Link to Red Cross Survival Kit Checklist http://www.redcross.org/prepare/location/home-family/get-kit
More resource may be added.
Roads & Highways