Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 22, 2008
Weston Hall Sale Clears Way for Renovations
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – In a 9 to 6 vote this week, The Henry County, TN Commission opted to purchase the Weston Hall Building from the county Board of Education. This move clears the way for renovations to the Grove School campus. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports the city plans to use the Weston Hall building to house the county's genealogy room and archives. The school board will use the money obtained from the sale toward the 3.7 million dollars needed to fund the renovation project. The overhaul includes the addition of an auxiliary gymnasium, an agriculture shop and additional classrooms. The board will acquire the remainder of funds needed through a loan that will add one year to the school system's current debt, which is now scheduled to be paid off in 2026.