Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed October 22, 2008
Weston Hall Sale Clears Way for Renovations
By Carrie Pond
Paris, TN – In a 9 to 6 vote this week, The Henry County, TN Commission opted to purchase the Weston Hall Building from the county Board of Education. This move clears the way for renovations to the Grove School campus. The Paris Post-Intelligencer reports the city plans to use the Weston Hall building to house the county's genealogy room and archives. The school board will use the money obtained from the sale toward the 3.7 million dollars needed to fund the renovation project. The overhaul includes the addition of an auxiliary gymnasium, an agriculture shop and additional classrooms. The board will acquire the remainder of funds needed through a loan that will add one year to the school system's current debt, which is now scheduled to be paid off in 2026.