Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue October 2, 2012
Westlake Making Big Investment in Calvert City Plant
Westlake Chemical Company is increasing their investment in their Calvert City plant by more than $200 million. Westlake Chemical is an international petrochemical and polymer producer. The Calvert City plant employs about 400 people.
The expanded investment will help the plant increase production and switch from using propane to ethane produced in regional shale gas fields. The company could receive tax incentives of up to $17 million through the Kentucky Reinvestment Act and the Economic Development Finance Authority. The company expects to complete the projects by the end of 2014.