Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue October 2, 2012
Westlake Making Big Investment in Calvert City Plant
Westlake Chemical Company is increasing their investment in their Calvert City plant by more than $200 million. Westlake Chemical is an international petrochemical and polymer producer. The Calvert City plant employs about 400 people.
The expanded investment will help the plant increase production and switch from using propane to ethane produced in regional shale gas fields. The company could receive tax incentives of up to $17 million through the Kentucky Reinvestment Act and the Economic Development Finance Authority. The company expects to complete the projects by the end of 2014.