Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue October 2, 2012
Westlake Making Big Investment in Calvert City Plant
Westlake Chemical Company is increasing their investment in their Calvert City plant by more than $200 million. Westlake Chemical is an international petrochemical and polymer producer. The Calvert City plant employs about 400 people.
The expanded investment will help the plant increase production and switch from using propane to ethane produced in regional shale gas fields. The company could receive tax incentives of up to $17 million through the Kentucky Reinvestment Act and the Economic Development Finance Authority. The company expects to complete the projects by the end of 2014.