Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue November 4, 2008
Western Kentucky Voters on the Rise
By Chad Lampe
Paducah, KY – When returns come in from Western Kentucky tonight, residents of the commonwealth's 13 far western counties might notice higher turnout than years past. The increase could be in part to a 2-point-1 percent climb in voter registration. There are more than 176-thousand voters in far Western Kentucky. That is an increase of nearly three thousand voters from November 2007. The Paducah Sun reports that 9 of the 13 counties' voter rolls grew while Ballard, Carlisle, Hickman and Lyon counties rolls dropped slightly. Kentucky Polls close tonight at 6.