Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed November 18, 2009
Western Kentucky Swine Flu Death
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – The Purchase District Health Department has confirmed a recent flu death was the novel H1N1 virus. An elderly Graves County resident, who officials say had significant underlying medical conditions, died recently. Statewide deaths associated with H1N1 now exceed 20. Vaccine clinics continue throughout the area, though departments continue to only give out supplies to high risk groups.