Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed November 18, 2009
Western Kentucky Swine Flu Death
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – The Purchase District Health Department has confirmed a recent flu death was the novel H1N1 virus. An elderly Graves County resident, who officials say had significant underlying medical conditions, died recently. Statewide deaths associated with H1N1 now exceed 20. Vaccine clinics continue throughout the area, though departments continue to only give out supplies to high risk groups.