Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 18, 2009
Western Kentucky Swine Flu Death
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – The Purchase District Health Department has confirmed a recent flu death was the novel H1N1 virus. An elderly Graves County resident, who officials say had significant underlying medical conditions, died recently. Statewide deaths associated with H1N1 now exceed 20. Vaccine clinics continue throughout the area, though departments continue to only give out supplies to high risk groups.