Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon February 13, 2012
Western Kentucky Dealing With Series of Pharmacy Thefts
Business owners in western Kentucky are expressing concern after a series of burglaries and robberies at pharmacies in the region. Eddie Nickell, who owns Lyon Drugs in Eddyville, says burglars broke into the pharmacy in October and again in January. Several pharmacies in the area have reported thefts or attempted thefts over the last few months. Law enforcement authorities say the region is not alone; drug stores across the nation are reporting more thefts. Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman Rusty Payne says pain medicine and stimulants are the most common medications taken. Kelly Whitaker is the pharmacist at Gibson's Pharmacy in Mayfield, and she says burglaries there have led to upgraded security changes, including a vault.