Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Tue November 6, 2012
Westerfield Edges Out Victory Over Incumbent Pendleton
Republican challenger Whitney Westerfield edged out long-time Democratic Senator Joey Pendleton in yesterday’s vote. Unofficial third district state Senate results show Westerfield with 50.4 percent of the vote, winning slight leads in Christian, Logan and Todd counties.
Westerfield is a Hopkinsville lawyer, and this is his first attempt at state office. Pendleton is a 20-year veteran legislator. With only 300 votes separating the two candidates, it’s unclear whether Pendleton will call for a recount.