Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue November 6, 2012
Westerfield Edges Out Victory Over Incumbent Pendleton
Republican challenger Whitney Westerfield edged out long-time Democratic Senator Joey Pendleton in yesterday’s vote. Unofficial third district state Senate results show Westerfield with 50.4 percent of the vote, winning slight leads in Christian, Logan and Todd counties.
Westerfield is a Hopkinsville lawyer, and this is his first attempt at state office. Pendleton is a 20-year veteran legislator. With only 300 votes separating the two candidates, it’s unclear whether Pendleton will call for a recount.