Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue November 6, 2012
Westerfield Edges Out Victory Over Incumbent Pendleton
Republican challenger Whitney Westerfield edged out long-time Democratic Senator Joey Pendleton in yesterday’s vote. Unofficial third district state Senate results show Westerfield with 50.4 percent of the vote, winning slight leads in Christian, Logan and Todd counties.
Westerfield is a Hopkinsville lawyer, and this is his first attempt at state office. Pendleton is a 20-year veteran legislator. With only 300 votes separating the two candidates, it’s unclear whether Pendleton will call for a recount.