Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 19, 2012
West Tennessee Port Gaining International Interest
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Officials with the Cates Landing port on the Mississippi River in Lake County say the project is beginning to attract international interest. According to the Union City Daily Messenger, a delegation of economic development officials from China plans a visit to the site. Port officials are trying to secure Foreign Trade Zone status for West Tennessee. The slack water port will handle river barge traffic, improving bulk cargo handling for northwest Tennessee. Officials have said dock construction is expected to be completed in late summer.