Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu January 19, 2012
West Tennessee Port Gaining International Interest
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Officials with the Cates Landing port on the Mississippi River in Lake County say the project is beginning to attract international interest. According to the Union City Daily Messenger, a delegation of economic development officials from China plans a visit to the site. Port officials are trying to secure Foreign Trade Zone status for West Tennessee. The slack water port will handle river barge traffic, improving bulk cargo handling for northwest Tennessee. Officials have said dock construction is expected to be completed in late summer.