Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon May 14, 2012
West Tennessee Counties Forming Anti-Drug Coalitions
Officials in three west Tennessee counties are working to create coalitions to fight drug use among teens. The state Department of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services awarded grants to Dyer, Lauderdale and Tipton counties allowing them to form the panels.
Members of the Prevention Alliance of Dyersburg and Dyer County met recently at City Gate Church to form a group that will target the use of tobacco, alcohol and prescription drug use. Professional Care Services Director of Drug Abuse Treatment Services Lisa Kent says similar coalitions have been in east Tennessee for years, but they are new to the western part of the state.