Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Mon May 14, 2012
West Tennessee Counties Forming Anti-Drug Coalitions
Officials in three west Tennessee counties are working to create coalitions to fight drug use among teens. The state Department of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Services awarded grants to Dyer, Lauderdale and Tipton counties allowing them to form the panels.
Members of the Prevention Alliance of Dyersburg and Dyer County met recently at City Gate Church to form a group that will target the use of tobacco, alcohol and prescription drug use. Professional Care Services Director of Drug Abuse Treatment Services Lisa Kent says similar coalitions have been in east Tennessee for years, but they are new to the western part of the state.