Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
- Study: Calloway, Lyon Counties Among the Healthiest in Kentucky
Wed May 21, 2014
West KY No Exception in Low Voter Turnout
Of the 438,672 registered voters within the WKMS listening range, only 110,670 cast ballots in Tuesday’s primary elections. Voter turnout in the area reached a total of 25.23 percent, nearly matching the statewide turnout of 26 percent.
Carlisle County had the highest turnout with 41.94 percent, while Christian County voters showed the lowest poll attendance with 16.71 percent.
6.5 percent of area voters are registered as something other than Democrat or Republican and were unable to cast a ballot in the primary. 64.7 percent of area listeners are registered Democrats and 28.8 percent are registered Republicans.
Below is information compiled from the Kentucky State Board of Elections.
Voter Turnout in WKMS Coverage Area
Registration Statistics for WKMS Coverage Area