Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed May 21, 2014
West KY No Exception in Low Voter Turnout
Of the 438,672 registered voters within the WKMS listening range, only 110,670 cast ballots in Tuesday’s primary elections. Voter turnout in the area reached a total of 25.23 percent, nearly matching the statewide turnout of 26 percent.
Carlisle County had the highest turnout with 41.94 percent, while Christian County voters showed the lowest poll attendance with 16.71 percent.
6.5 percent of area voters are registered as something other than Democrat or Republican and were unable to cast a ballot in the primary. 64.7 percent of area listeners are registered Democrats and 28.8 percent are registered Republicans.
Below is information compiled from the Kentucky State Board of Elections.
Voter Turnout in WKMS Coverage Area
Registration Statistics for WKMS Coverage Area