Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- Paducah Receives $400k Grant for New Park
- Dr. Richard Carrier on the Historicity of Jesus
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
Wed May 21, 2014
West KY No Exception in Low Voter Turnout
Of the 438,672 registered voters within the WKMS listening range, only 110,670 cast ballots in Tuesday’s primary elections. Voter turnout in the area reached a total of 25.23 percent, nearly matching the statewide turnout of 26 percent.
Carlisle County had the highest turnout with 41.94 percent, while Christian County voters showed the lowest poll attendance with 16.71 percent.
6.5 percent of area voters are registered as something other than Democrat or Republican and were unable to cast a ballot in the primary. 64.7 percent of area listeners are registered Democrats and 28.8 percent are registered Republicans.
Below is information compiled from the Kentucky State Board of Elections.
Voter Turnout in WKMS Coverage Area
Registration Statistics for WKMS Coverage Area